Reality check. Paint, check.

Whoa! I can't believe it's been over three months since my last post. Apparently time flies when your not having fun. I think I have said before that I'm an adult returning back to school after over a decade. This semester has been trying both academically and personally. I have a chemistry class that is absolutely killing me. I spend 20+ hours outside of the 8 hours I spend in class on homework, labs, studying, and reading. I have managed to budget about 30 hours of homework time a week total. This class is completely monopolizing all my time. I can't wait for it to be over! I have even been depriving myself of any sort of creative time, no shop updates, blog posts, or crafts of any kind in hopes of getting a decent grade. This was a terrible idea in retrospect. Lesson learned.

Moving on, I was doing a bit of yard clean up, which I had been neglecting, and I decided to take a break...just for a minute. I sat down on the back porch and noticed this sad little table adjacent to my larger patio set. I don't remember this table, where did it come from? Then it dawned on me it was the girls indoor play table that they brought outside one summers evening. Oh dear! It was so sad looking, wobbly legs, all signs of varnish missing, and cracks everywhere. I realized that I had been neglecting everything and now the girls play table was ruined. Then I began to wonder is this how I look, worn and forgotten? I starred at this poor pitiful table, it said it all, I have failed to keep up all my obligations. I failed.

I brought that sad table in, fixed its wobbly little legs and cleaned it up the best I could. It still looked so pitiful. I'm going to skip homework and paint it! I rummaged through my paints. Tan? No, kind of boring for a kids room. Dark blue? Better, but still not right. Then I saw my rather large basket of acrylic paints. Screw it! I'm painting it every color! Well not every color. I only painted it colors I felt like painting, it was very freeing!

Here is the before:



And here is the after:



So much better, right? A life without beautiful things is no life at all!

Comments

Popular Posts