Mama D's Pasta Salad

This has to be my favorite go-to recipe when I have to bring a dish to a party. Super fast and easy. It doesn't need to be refrigerated so it transports beautifully.



Ingredients:
1 - 12oz bag of tri-colored pasta
1 - large cucumber
1 - small can black olives, sliced
1 - pint cherry tomatoes
8oz(half a bottle) - fat free Italian dressing(you can use regular if you like)
1/4 cup - Parmesan cheese, grated

Start the water boiling in a large pot. While waiting for the water to boil I start chopping...dice the cucumber, halve the tomatoes, and open the can of black olives, dont forget to drain it. I just throw all this right in my large mixing bowl. Drop the pasta in the water as soon as it boils and follow the instructions on the bag. I usually take my pasta out when it's still a little firm. Do not wait until the noddles are super soft, you will end up with mush...bleh! Drain the noddles and run them under cold water to stop the cooking. Make sure they are cooled all the way and properly drained before adding them to the bowl with the veggies or you will end up with mush...again! Next add the Italian dressing and the grated Parmesan cheese. Toss untill everything is evenly coated. Now here is the secret to great pasta salad, make it the night before! The pasta is so much better the second day after the noodles soak up all the goodness.

Hope you love it as much as I do!

Comments

Jennie said…
I totally agree about making it the night before! This is a great recipe that can be easily switched around for different tastes. Thanks!!

Popular Posts