I've missed you.

It's been so long since I blogged. I think my biggest problem has been the photo portion of each post. Taking the right photo, finding the perfect picture to go with the subject I feel like sharing today, not having appropriate lighting when the mood strikes to blog making for impossible shots, these are all issues I have been trying to work out.

 I have heard other bloggers write drafts ahead of time and just upload it when they are ready to post. That never worked for me before, the posts always show up on the day I started the draft rather than the day I post. Anyone have any ideas on what I did wrong? I've seen that other blotters use photos they found on the web and just share sources, but that doesn't really appeal to me. After all, it is my blog, my words, why not my photos? I have to say, I love the new blogger format and options. Most my "issues" wont be an issue anymore.

So, I'm dying to know...what's your blogging secret?

On to more crafty things...let me share some of the things I'm working on. Last summer I started embroidering these cute coffee themed panels. Just the regular Aunt Martha's hot iron transfers called Java break. There are twelve different patterns in all. I have decided to use them all to make a throw quilt. I used some traditional colors like browns and tans but then I threw in some hot pinks, teals, and blues. I hope to share some pictures soon.


Another thing that has been on my mind is crochet. I bought this book last year an have only dabbled in it. Such a shame considering I was so excited to get it. Here's what I'm thinking...I want, I must work through all 144 different motifs and here are the rules:

1. Pick a pattern at random.
2. Pick yarn I feel like using.
3. Make it as big or small as I feel like.
4. Block everything.
5. Stash them for a future project.
6. TAKE PICTURES! (I almost forgot this one)

I also ordered a new embroidery book today...*gasp*! Like I don't have enough craft projects to finish, let's just start another!

Comments

Popular Posts